Monday, November 19, 2007

JUST NOT YET

In between services yesterday (I went to all the services yesterday) I went to a wedding of a couple I have gotten to know over the last several months. I am glad I am not getting married anytime soon. I think the more I think about what it means to get married the more I am not ready to step into anything that could lead me to getting married. It is a committment thing.

Singleness is so great though. I feel bad for people who get into relationships for all the wrong reasons, like they just have to have someone there so they can know they are liked by someone. That's no bueno. Why not just know you are loved by Jesus so much more than anyone could ever love you? Why go looking for a pseudo love in a shallow relationship? Then you don't have to spend time talking on the phone checking in nor do you have to spend money, none at all. You don't need a phone to talk to Jesus.

I think it is silly, even on the virge of absolutely stupid when people use the phrase, "I am going to date Jesus for awhile." Seriously. Why do people say this? You must want a shallow relationship with Jesus. That's harsh. But seriously, don't say that. You could rather say, "I am going to let Jesus be the source of my affirmation and fulfillment because He gives me love, true love, not the other stuff that makes you tingle inside. His love brings me confidence, it brings me security because His love is faithful, He would never stop giving it. Even when I whore myself to the world he comes and woows me and buys me back from my captors. I don't date Jesus, Jesus is my lover, He is mine and I am His."

Its funny how after reading that last part you will be like, Shawn, that sounded kind of gay. Maybe so I mean it kind of does. But seriously why do our minds have to instantly be fixated on sexual intercourse at the sound of the word lover. Lets, for a moment, throw aside what our society has done to our minds and purely look at the word lover for how our Father sees it. Lets look at it through the lens of the relationship we were originally created to have with the Father. The word lover denotes the idea of deep seaded intimacy with another. Sex is very much apart of intimacy. But sex is only an outward or physical expression purposed to satisfy a longing within the soul of every human. A longing to be loved, to be adored, to be sought after and to be connected on a level so deep words struggle to define.

Yet, is this not the the heart of our Father, that this part of us, that longing deep with in our souls for a lover, that part of the soul which longs for intament connection, be met by Him and Him alone? For I am His and He is mine.

It is you, child, who have been chosen to be showered with His holy and untainted love and it is He who in return longs for our love, a love in process of being made perfect. Let your lover, The Lover, meet you within the longings of your soul. Long for love, but let your longings first be satisfied in Him. For in this place will you find what you are looking for. It is when you invite in the one who can satisfy will you know love and how to love in return.

All this to say. Marriage will one day be great. Just not yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.