Thursday, May 3, 2007

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS


The last several days have been refreshing. I had the chance to return home for a brief...very brief visit to be in the wedding of a close friend. My time home served me in three ways...great sleep on my wonderful bed, a place to decompress and be refreshed through great company and converstation and finally confirmation that NWA is not where I am to be at this season in my life.

I am blessed. Blessed in so many ways. I was driving down 540 the other night returning to my house after a night out with the guys and I can't tell you how much joy came over me during that drive home. It was like a waterfall of happiness was released. God has been so faithful to place incredible friendships in my life. These guys and girls are my rocks. How fruitless and unabundant life would be without friends who stick closer than a brother.

I am also blessed to have a safe place to hide when it is time to retreat and decompress from the hustle. My home is a safe place. I have two rocks in that home whom I can fall on and know everything will be ok when the storm rages on.

Home I have realized is not simply a geogrpahic location but it is a community made up of your friends and family. So no matter how many times that geogrpahic location may change my home, as the old saying goes, is where the heart is.

No comments: