Thursday, May 10, 2007

A CONVERSTATION WITH GRACE

Beautiful redemption,
Have you come to rescue me? My chains held me tight at past dusk. The night was long and dark. I remember crying out to you, though even this seems so distant. Yet, my wrists bare only the scars of my captivity. My mind is restored to its youthful innocence. I awoke in the beauty of your peace my chains left undone. Yes sweet redemption it was you! It is only you who gives me that which I cannot obtain. It is you who pull me up. It is you who lift me out of the pit of my despair.

Son,
You stood last night stuck in between a decision. In the moment of your choosing I cried out to you, yet you chose to harden your heart. You chose to drink from that beautifully disguised cup of ashes. As you lifted the cup to your lips those familiar chains quickly wrapped themselves around your arms. It was to late. A moments anger filled me. I asked, "Why, why does he keep rejecting the invitation to my banqueting table over a cup of ashes!?" Yet, it was only a moment. I cannot quickly forget the price that was paid to release those bonds that entrapped you. A moment later you cried out in the realization that your decision led to your captivity. I came to you, clothed you, unchained your arms, and filled you with the peace of forgiveness. Child it is true your sin has been blotted out. You are forgiven!

No comments: